Sunday, September 8, 2013

"September Eyes" - Paula Kelley

Before the month of September escapes me entirely (as months have been known to do), I wanted to get Paula Kelley's "September Eyes" on your radar.  Like pretty much everything else she has done, this song is just pop perfection.  It's a bit jangly, with her angelic voice resting gently on a rich arrangement.  Seriously, it's pretty wonderful.  My favorite individual Paula Kelley songs actually come from Nothing/Everything, but oddly enough, The Trouble with Success or How You Fit Into the World is my favorite album to listen to from beginning to end.  I just love the sound of the whole thing all together.  So, naturally, I'm going to recommend you run out and buy it (or stay home and go clicky-clicky to buy it) and anything else you can find by her because her arrangements are simply mind blowing, so do it...like now.  What are you waiting for??

Happy September!!


No comments:

Post a Comment