Friday, October 21, 2011

The Music of Your Past

You can't borrow someone else's past.  If you don't have a history of listening to some album, or song, or band, you can't ever get that warm squishy, down-home feeling that you get when you hear something from your past.  Sure, you can start now, listen to some artist and build that feeling up, but it isn't the same.  If you have some song (or band) that transports you back to the time when you first heard it, or when it was all that played in your car or your room or whatever, then you know what I mean. 

So, I can't give you my past.  I can't make you feel for these artists what I feel, but I can let you hear what my soundtrack sounds like.  Enjoy.


Black  Crowes - She Talks to Angels

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man


Pearl Jam - Even Flow


Nirvana - Lithium


Just a few that came to me off the top of my head.  All very nostalgic and awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment