Friday, April 20, 2012

Obscure AND Awesome

Alright, this one may not be as far out there as some other things I could have chosen, I'll give you that.  But I would also be willing to bet that there are a whole lot of people out there who have never heard of this song.  Naturally, I love the shit out of it and not just because it's the only one I know of with my name in it.  But seriously, who better to sing about me than The Velvet Underground??

Give it a listen:


Isn't it great?  Doesn't it make you want to do the kind of hard drugs that are bound to ruin your life?  It's okay you can admit it.  It's not your fault.  Lou Reed's voice, circa 1968, has that effect on people.  And yes, this song was originally recorded in 1968, a good long time before I was born. Still, they waited until well after I had joined the world to officially release it on VU in 1985 which I think was apropos.

No comments:

Post a Comment