Friday, May 4, 2012

Finally Friday - Get Freaky!

Here's another one that you had to have owned the album to ever hear.  I was genuinely surprised to learn that this song was actually released as a single because back in 1995 you just didn't hear a lot of songs on the radio with "whore" in the title.  It was a simpler time.  A more innocent age.  Hahahaha...just kidding.  (not about the whore thing though)  Also, I don't recall ever hearing it on the radio.

I never bought Sparkle and Fade even though I love that song "Santa Monica".  I first gained access to it when the Man and I moved in together in 1996 and even so, I never really listened to the whole thing until probably 5 or 6 years ago.  Overall, I'm not a huge fan of the album but there are a few gems on it and this is one of them.  So, without further ado, I give you, "You Make Me Feel Like A Whore" by Everclear.


Since I'm so late in posting this today, I'd like to make it up to you by including another one of my favorites from Sparkle and Fade, "Heroin Girl".  This is another one that was actually released as a single and played on MTV a little bit, but I don't remember ever hearing it, so maybe you didn't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment