Sunday, May 20, 2012

Record Store Day 2012 - Part Deux

Now that I finally have a job, I've had a chance to go out and celebrate Record Store Day 2012 a bit.  I won't receive my first paycheck until this coming Friday, so I haven't really done it up in style yet, but I did pick up a couple cool things. Here's what I've found so far:


The Kills - Blood Pressures
Throwing Muses - The Real Ramona
Bess Rogers - Out of the Ocean
Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends

While all four are cool, I'm far and away the most tickled with Bookends.  I've had it on my shopping list for a while now and just had a vague hope someday seeing it.  Believe it or not, I found it in a used bin for $1.99!!  It looked clean, but for that price, I didn't have much hope it sounding worth a shit.  It has obviously been played a lot and it's on that crappy old thin vinyl, but it plays!  And not only does it play, it sounds heavenly.  It has that perfect scratchy, crackley sound that is only available on old vinyl.  Don't get me wrong, I would never want all my vinyl to sound this way, but something about those two singing Mrs. Robinson over that scratchy background noise is just incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment