Sunday, December 11, 2011

Neon Trees - "Everybody Talks"

I just listened to Neon Trees latest offering "Everybody Talks".  The first time was with the little video they put up on Facebook and my very first impression was "oh my god, this is horrible."  I really liked Tyler Glenn when they first appeared on the scene, but now I'm kind of afraid his ego is going to eat that band alive.  I think maybe this fame thing is going to his head.  I guess that happens.
 
Anyway, because I loved Habits so much, I gave this new song a second chance.  And now I'm just kind of "meh" about it.  You can see for yourself here.  I don't hate it, but I think I just don't really get it.  The song is all about the gossip mongers of the world and that's something that's so far removed from me that it doesn't inspire any "give 'em hell!" reaction in me.  Who knows, maybe if people started talking shit about me, this song would be my new anthem.   

Either way, after hearing this, I have to admit I'm not quite as excited to hear their new album as I once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment