Tuesday, January 3, 2012

25 Most Played

I hadn't looked at my 25 Most Played list on iTunes for a while because it didn't used to change.  In fact, I used to listen to the list so often that I pretty much secured the ranking of those songs.  So when I checked it out after syncing my iPod the other day - color me surprised!!  Keep in mind that iTunes has been keeping track of these songs for 6 1/2 years, so it's a little shocking to me when songs that were released the middle of last year show up on this list.  (Also, keep in mind that I have all of Matt Nathanson's stuff on CD too and I literally listen to that collection all day every day at work and iTunes isn't counting that shit)

Check it out:
25. Little of Your Time - Maroon 5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long
24. Never Gonna Leave This Bed - Maroon 5 - Hands All Over
23. Fine Again - Seether - Disclaimer
22. Cold - Crossfade
21. Kiss Quick - Matt Nathanson - Modern Love
20. Billionaire (feat. Bruno Mars) - Travie McCoy
19. 1983 - Neon Trees - Habits
18. Liquor Store Blues (feat. Damian Marley) - Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans
17. The Air That I Breathe - Maroon 5 - Hands All Over
16. No Curtain Call - Maroon 5 - Hands All Over
15. Zero - Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
14. Love and Affection - Neon Trees - Habits
13. Mercy - Matt Nathanson - Modern Love
12. Stutter - Maroon 5 - Hands All Over
11. Last Chance - Maroon 5 - Hands All Over
10. Farther Down - Neon Trees - Habits
9. Sins of My Youth - Neon Trees - Habits
8. Animal - Neon Trees - Habits
7. In the Next Room - Neon Trees - Habits
6. Helpless - Neon Trees - Habits
5. Get Back in My Life - Maroon 5 - Hands All Over
4. Don't Know Nothing - Maroon 5 - Hands All Over
3. Into the Ocean - Blue October - Foiled
2. How - Maroon 5 - Hands All Over
1. Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror

So, yeah, I was a wee bit obsessed with the Neon Trees album and with Maroon 5's Hands All Over when they were new.  In fact, I listened to them so much that I haven't listened to either of them in months and they're still firmly fixed on this list.  Things were going to hell around me at the time and apparently I fixated on those two records a little bit.  Also, I'm a touch superstitious and I was convinced that if I didn't end every single play list I created with "Yellow Ledbetter", something bad would happen (you know, that same vague bad thing that will happen if you walk under a ladder or if a black cat crossed your path)...but I'm over that now. 

At first I was surprised to see Matt Nathanson on here since I didn't own anything by him until July or maybe even August 2011.  But, looking back, I also haven't had a single play list since then that didn't have at least 1 (and by "1" I mean 5 or 10) of his songs on it.  So, not so shocking, I guess. 

I intend to check back on the 25 Most Played list periodically to see how it evolves, because I'm sure it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment