Monday, January 16, 2012

New Music Monday - Sort Of

So, today's New Music Monday music was supposed to be Ryan Schmidt's White Horse EP.  However, after only 4 days of listening to it, the awesomeness of it was eating a hole in my brain and I just had to write about it sooner.  Sure, I could have written the post and scheduled it to publish today and left it at that, but where's the fun in that?? You can read about White Horse here here and here and you can buy it here or here.

Then, to top it off, I went and created the most awesome play list I've made in a while from some past and current favorites.  As a result, I haven't had time to listen to anything else for New Music Monday this week.  Still, I didn't want to skip it altogether, so I decided to share with you the list of songs that I featured in 2011 that have actually made their way into my play list rotation.  I have a list in iTunes called "NMM Hitlist" that contains the songs I've discovered that I really do like; here's that list:

1. Get Gone - White Arrows - Get Gone (my favorite of these)
2. Landslide - Steve Adamyk Band - Forever Won't Wait
3. Lost and Found - The Kill Van Kulls - Lost and Found
4. My Time Has Just Begun - The Dead Trees - WHATWAVE
5. Pineapple Girl - Mister Heavenly - Out of Love
6. Changes - Dirty Vegas
7. Sing in My Meadow - Cowboy Junkies - This Mountain
8. I Want to Forget - Psychic Twin - Deepest Part/I Want to Forget
9. Gliss - Farewell Republic - Burn the Boats

In other "new music" news, I got an iTunes gift card for my birthday.  I think I'm going to get Red Hot Chili Peppers Blood Sugar Sex Magik (I'm deeply ashamed to admit I have never owned this record), Simon and Garfunkel Sounds of Silence and maybe The Traveling Wilburys Volume 3 - I used to own this on cassette but that copy is long gone and as I recall, I was pretty fond of it.

Also, one of my new favorites recommended a couple new (to me) artists that he actually did a show with last night.  They're both female, so I'm kind of scared because I don't dig female singers as a general rule, but I'm going to check them out and plan to feature them next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment