Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Get Outside Your Head

Do you ever feel an urge to listen to music that doesn't make you think?  You know, the kind of stuff that just flows around you and in one ear and out the other without disrupting what's in between?  Obviously, I prefer my music profound.  I like for it to really have an effect on me one way or the other.  But every so often, I like to just jam and not think about anything in particular.  Everybody needs that once in a while.  Personally, I find that "popular music" is good for this kind of listening.  Not to say none of it has any deep meaning but, well, you know what I mean.  So here are a few I can think of that are just fun to listen to, whether they're great songs or not is debatable, but at the very least they have entertainment value and that's definitely something.  These are in no order whatsoever (okay, okay, they're alphabetical by artist).

Pretty much anything by AC/DC

It was hard to pick just one AC/DC song - but this one rocks and makes me giggle - win win!

Gives You Hell - All American Rejects - When the World Comes Down
Runaway Baby - Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans
The Lazy Song - Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligan
Crazy Bitch - Buckcherry - 15
Pepper - Butthole Surfers
Short Skirt/Long Jacket - Cake - Comfort Eagle
Fire Woman - The Cult - Sonic Temple
New Age Girl - Deadeye Dick - New Age Girl EP
Right Round - Flo Rida - R.O.O.T.S. (yeah, that's right - I went there)

Weren't expecting this one, were you??

Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz
Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake - Justified (yep, I went there too)
U.R.A. Fever - The Kills - Midnight Boom
Sex and Candy - Marcy Playground
One Night in Bangkok - Murray Head (love this one, as should you)
I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! At the Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out
John the Fisherman - Primus - Frizzle Fry
Don't Care What Time It Is - Rachel Platten - Be Here
I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones - Ramones - EP

Ah...the Ramones

Smoke Two Joints - Sublime
Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes
Seventeen - Winger

I didn't intend to make this post video-heavy, but no woman can resist the pull of Kip Winger's hair and seductive '80's stare

Given the majority of the content on this blog, some of these selections might surprise you.  Trust me, if you had ever been subjected to my play lists on a long road trip (or a short one) you would not be shocked at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment