Monday, November 28, 2011

I Tried To Fight It

Have you all heard this new Jessie J. song "Domino"?  I tried to fight this song, I really did.  Between the opening line "I'm feeling sexy and free" and the jewels glued under her eyes in the video, I was certain I would never like it.  It is all so contrived...like a doll in a package. 

But, when the powers-that-be at VH1 want you to listen to a song and want it embedded in your brain, you are by-god going to listen to it.  Those bastards.  And now, just like they intended, this song is stuck in my head. 

It's definitely a pre-packaged pop song of the first order, but I don't hate it (anymore). It's kind of catchy, I even kind of like the first line and you have to admit (eye-jewels aside) her hair is super cute in the video.   However, that being said, I'm not sure I can ever forgive her for her part in co-writing "Party in the U.S.A." which was played on the radio so much this summer that I accidentally heard Miley Cyrus "sing" a couple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment