Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sugarland and Matt Nathanson "Run" the CMA's

I know, I know, I said I would stop talking about him, but it just dawned on me that I hadn't mentioned Matt Nathanson's duet with Sugarland on the CMA's last Wednesday.  Here's video, in case you missed it:


In general, I'm not a country music fan.  I like Sugarland (mostly because Jennifer Nettles can flat sing the shit out of anything), but I really do not like Lady Antebellum and I just get sick of hearing about trucks and beer and field parties after a while. However, I put all that aside and watched the CMA's Wednesday night to catch this performance.  Turns out they put on a really good show, much better than almost any rock awards show I've ever seen in fact.

Granted, Matt seems to be a little unsure of what to do when he's not performing with his guitar in front of his mic, but he rocked that song, as did Jennifer. "Run" is their duet that appears on "Modern Love". 

Not only did they perform the song beautifully, but our own Mr. Nathanson increased the nose ring population of the room by 100%, which is fucking awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment